Group of all types of people walking arm in arm
Dedicated Community Bank will be known as the premier relationship bank in the communities we serve. We will be a highly effective and ethical financial services institution. We will provide our clients, individuals and businesses, with the highest level of quality financial services available. We will strive to attain for our shareholders a consistent excellent return on their investment with sound management and growth strategies. We will also support and reward high performing members of our staff and serve our communities as a good corporate citizen.
In December 1984, two of South Carolina’s largest banks merged. In Darlington, SC, a number of local advisory board members of the Darlington office of the merged bank decided that Darlington needed a community bank with Darlington roots to ensure that current and future banking needs of the local community would be served by a local community bank. This new bank would have personal one-on-one service as its key value and would make all banking decisions locally and quickly. This was the vision of those board members and long time local banker Thomas P. Rhodes, who led much of the initial organization effort. Out of this vision, Darlington County Bank was created.
Darlington County Bank, with W. B. McCown, III, as its President and CEO, opened for business on March 10, 1986 in Darlington, South Carolina at 202 Cashua Street, in the same building that previously housed the Pee Dee Electric Cooperative corporate office and the Darlington County EMS. This location is centrally located in the heart of Darlington just a block from the town square and is easily accessible to the surrounding businesses and residential communities. In early 1989, Darlington County Bank opened its new main office, a state of the art banking facility at the same address. In the late 1990’s, because of tremendous growth, a new operations building was constructed adjacent to the main office.
In April 2009, the bank changed its legal name to Dedicated Community Bank and began doing business as DCB, Your Dedicated Community Bank. The new name and slogan were chosen as a way of restating the bank’s commitment both to its customers and the communities it serves.
In January 2014, DCB opened its first Loan Production Office in the neighboring city of Florence, the county seat of Florence County, SC. This office was opened as DCB’s first effort to expand into the Florence community. Based on the warm reception that DCB experienced for its services in Florence, management of the bank explored options for opening a full-service banking office. In October 2015, DCB’s first branch office was opened at 2016 Hoffmeyer Road, Florence, at the Florence Mall.
Directors and Employees of Dedicated Community Bank are committed to providing all customers with the highest level of quality banking products and services. Because our staff is so experienced and has such an extensive background in the communities we serve, we believe we can provide a level of service that cannot be matched by other institutions.
James M. Ivey, Jr.
President and CEO
Ellen T. Berry
Executive Vice President and Cashier
Ginger M. Perry
Senior Vice President - Compliance, BSA
Curtis A. Derrick
Senior Vice President - Chief Credit Officer
John Ivey Brown
Henry M. Funderburk, III, Chairman
James C. Gregg, Jr.
G. Clyde Scott, Vice Chairman
Charles G. Howard, Jr.
Terry M. Josey, Secretary/Treasurer
James M. Ivey, Jr.
Ellen T. Berry
James H. Lawson
W. Edwin Dargan
Eugene A. Vaughan
202 Cashua Street
P. O. Box 502
Darlington, SC 29540
P: (843) 395-1956
F: (843) 393-1221
2016 Hoffmeyer Road
Florence, SC 29501
P: (843) 292-0016
F: (843) 292-0220